Manager (Actuarial Auditor), Business & Operations Audit from a direct insurer (Singapore)
- Ensures coverage of relevant regulatory requirements and recommends improvements to corporate policies, procedures and practices;
- Leads or participates in the planning for each audit assignment to ensure performance of audit assignments, quality of reports and timeliness of deliverables;
- Develops audit plans and programs. Ensures that these documents are up-to-date and suitable to the current operating environment of the auditee;
- Ensures timely reporting of findings, risks and recommendations for auditee’s response and finalisation of report to AC (Audit Committee);
- Leads or participates in other ad-hoc assignments including special projects and investigations;
- Assists in the follow-up with auditees on outstanding audit findings through the issuance of Audit Tracking
- Report and verification of resolved findings;
- Ensures that audit operating standards and procedures are observed, and requirements of the Quality Assurance Review are met; and
- Assists in the administration of Group Internal Audit and ensures effective and efficient usage of the Department’s resources.
- Assist the Head of Internal Auditor in ad-hoc assigned non-audit responsibilities (if any)
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- At least 6 years of experience in the Actuarial field, including pricing and valuation experience;
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to Actuarial, including risk based capital;
- Proficient in Actuarial work applications such as Prophet, MS Excel and MS Access;
- Strong report writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Analytical, independent and a good team player;
- Committed and able to interact well with all levels of staff;
- Proficient in oral and written English;
- Able to travel overseas when required (once/ twice every quarter); and
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.