Financial Condition Management Associate/Senior Associate from a Life Insurer (Singapore)
The role will join a team of actuaries in Financial Condition Management (Valuation) as Associate/Senior Associate with a key focus on valuation of policy liabilities, producing critical reports and the related in-depth analysis.
- Responsible for the valuation of policy liabilities, statutory forms and other internal and external reports; and communicating the results to the stakeholders.
- Perform data checks based on established process to ensure data integrity
- Participate in the company's initiatives and projects relating to the financial and capital management of the company such as IFRS17, and provide technical support to internal as well as external parties such as regulators and auditors.
- Ensure quality and timely completion of core deliverables.
- Proactively explore areas for enhancement to raise the standard of current work practice.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and development on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights potential concerns /risks and proactively shares the best risk management practices.
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science and with good progress in Actuarial exams
- 2 years of actuarial work experience, preferably in Valuation and Reporting
- Familiar with Singapore RBC regulations
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent in statistical analysis and problem solving
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, work independently under tight timeline
- Keen and passionate to explore new approach / tools.
- Proficient at Actuarial work applications such as Prophet, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Proficient at Actuarial reserving and capital requirement concepts and reporting
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.